Re: [NTLK] [OT] Interesting interview with Scully, Newton related.

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 10:58:38 PDT

Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> wrote:

> Matthew Reidsma wrote:

(*snip*)

> I guess we all tend to agree with the Newton part, we're biased
after
> all ;-) Not so sure about Hypercard though, AppleScript seems to be
an
> even better replacement...

Well, yes and no.

If you use HyperCard as an AppleScript conduit to talk to a bunch of
different applications, that is something to see ...! Saw a demo of
a publication process a few years back (2000 or thereabouts). The
details are hazy, but basically the fellow would get his copy ready
(layout and such), have AppleScript talk to FileMaker Pro, PageMaker
and a few others, create a .pdf, and create the magazine. It was
most impressive to watch, despite my rather hazy memory of what
actually happend, though I think I've caught the jist of it.

> Robert Benschop

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html