Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #529

From: Wiley Wiggins (weevil_at_wileywiggins.com)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 08:39:27 PDT

The only way I've seen to do that is with NewtJab or NewtonIM and
neither of those work very well, I don't know if it's because of the
clients themselves or because of general fussiness between Jabber and
AIM. Either way, nothing seems to talk to iChat other than an actual
AIM client. The solution I had (which I still can't get to work) was to
use a Unix AIM client and telnet to the Unix machine from the eMate to
use it. Telnet is too slow and frequently disconnects on my Newt though.

For now anyway, I'm content with writing and using Raissa to look at
news sites and occasionally checking my email (although the lack of
spam filters in simplemail makes it a chore). Even if all I have is a
word processor and an organizer with a keyboard and OS X connectivity,
it's still the best deal out there for me.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html