Re: [NTLK] A Newton Replacement: facts

From: Pascal Massün (pascal.massun_at_skynet.be)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 12:11:28 PDT

op 05-10-2003 18:30 schreef Robert Benshop op newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net:

> Short answer: handwriting and OS

Handwriting: definitely
When I use my Newton, this is always most talked about. "What ? Just write
and it recognizes ?","Sure, and it even learns !"

> Slightly longer answer: reread Ed's recent testimonial, it's all about
> a PDA that functions like we do.

In Ed's testimonial I only read about people linking to notes, linking to
groups. I was looking for more testimonies of how Newton owners "show off"
their Newt.

What you mean with OS, and also Ed with linking, is the way the Newton OS is
designed, and as such the apps created on top of it. The OS is still one of
the most innovative ways to work with information. When you come from a
window$ environment where each app exists on its own and work with
information in it's own proprietary way, it comes as a shock. But once
you're hooked, you'll never let go. How did I even manage information before
my Newt ?

Best regards,
Pascal

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html