Re: [NTLK] Hierarchic order

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 00:50:57 PDT

>> how do I get to get my posts to nicely file as responses to the posting
>> they were supposed to be responses to?
>>
>> I use the web interface, click on the response button, and it seems I get
>> new topics...
>
>Don't use the archives to reply then...

Yo, Victor -

I've subscribed the digest - how am I supposed to reply, since I don't get
the individual messages mailed? If I'd reply to the digest, I reckon that'd
be daft.

>The mailto: links in the archive will try to insert the In-Reply-To header
>into the message, but some mail programs won't allow this header to be
>inserted from a mailto: link.

Which mailprograms DO work? This here is Eudora 5.2.1 .

Or are there somewhere neat tools for displaying mailing lists in
hierarchical order on one's (Win-)client and replying EXACTLY to what you
wanted to reply to?

My apologies for this off-topic white noise,

DJV.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html