Re: [NTLK] IR Modem with Nokia 6200?

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 12:08:39 PDT

>From: "Johannes Wolf" <mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] IR Modem with Nokia 6200?
>Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:24:00 +0200

>Since there was no big change in the IR protocols during the last years I
>would expect that any new phone supporting IRCom can talk to the Newt having
>the special IR Newt drivers.

I would not bet on that. I bought a Motoloa TimePort P280 a year and a half ago.
It had an IR port that kinda sorta worked with Nitro (would receive SimpleMail, and worked with nHTTPLib, but that was about it.)
On the other hand, my wife's Nokia 8290 worked flawlessly. I strongly urge anyone contemplating buying a phone to work with a Newt to try the phone before buying it, or buy one that is known to work.

Eric

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html