Re: [NTLK] Dead MP130

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 19:55:31 PDT

on 10/10/03 21:24, Dan Aldrich at daldrich_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Couldn't find anything on the net on that. Do you have a link for that?
> Maybe power-up in the cradle might help.
>
> At 04:47 PM 10/10/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>> I have heard of this before... Theres something funky with the power
>> management, if something sucks up too much power at the start then the
>> Newton will shut down. Sometimes a program can use too much power.
>> Try taking out all cards, maybe booting without extension (i think by
>> holding the pen on the left side when you use power switch, someone
>> else can confirm it).

Have you checked Frank Gruendel's web site? I think that Frank used to
repair that kind of problems on a 130. He might have posted instructions on
what he does to fix the problem. I think the URL is
<http://www.pda-soft.de/>.

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html