Re: [NTLK] tek-ed site down?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 20:19:01 PDT

Wow...
That didn't take long!
Hey folks...thanks for noticing that my site was
down...kinda makes me know that someone out there is
paying attention!
I've got the site back (at least from what I can tell,
but I don't have any way to test outside my
network...now that I'm not at work anymore...)
If anyone sees any further problems, let me know and
hopefully that fix will be just as quick!
Ed
web/gadget guru
ps, thanks Robert for that vote of
confidence...sometimes when problems pop up, and
you're banging your head to fix them, you get to the
point where you wonder why you even bother...it's
amazing, sometimes you can see clearer through someone
else's eyes!
--- Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> ha! didn't think anyone would notice!
> I am experiencing a Cold Fusion upgrade gone
> horribly
> wrong!
> I upgraded Cold Fusion AND moved it to a larger
> drive...all in one move! So, the permissions got
> screwed up somewhere. I'm trying to re-install it so
> hopefully it won't be down long...
> I'll let everyone know when this is resolved...geez,
> I'm going to have to quit my day job...this stuff
> takes far too long!
> Ed
> web/gadget guru
>
> --- Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> wrote:
> > japecan_at_comcast.net wrote:
> > > can anybody else get into newton.tek-ed.com? I
> > get a request to type
> > > in name and password?????
> >
> > I got the same, seems that Ed's settings are off.
> > Knowing him it won't
> > take long to correct this though...
> >

> > Robert Benschop

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100