Re: [NTLK] Question about wireless

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 19:36:10 PDT

on 13/10/2003 3:11 PM, Nathan Turnage at nturnage_at_andadv.com wrote:

> Dudes and Dudettes,
>
> When using Hiroshi's driver and one of the compatible Wi-Fi cards, is it
> necessary to use an Apple base station, or will 3rd party (less
> expensive) wireless base stations work?
>
> Thx,
> Nate

I've used it with several non-Apple wireless routers with no problems --
except that many will not route AppleTalk through the wireless side. This
means, for example, that you can't use NCU or print wirelessly from the
Newton. But internet stuff and anything else that uses TCP/IP should work
fine with most brands of router.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html