Re: [NTLK] Which Wi-Fi Card? FAQ list?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 00:03:35 PDT

Grant Hutchinson wrote:
> If someone would be kind enough to summarize the current list of
> compatible cards and send it to me, I will make sure to add it to the
> next FAQ update (which will be before the end of the month - promise).
> Just mark the subject line [FAQ].

Maybe Hirochi'sage is a good place to start?
Hereby all cards listed on his site, everybody please ad your card if
it isn't there already.

Robert Benschop

Vendor:
Product:
Chipset:
WEP feature:
status:

MELCO
WLI-PCM-L11
Lucent/Agere
64 bit
worked, WEP: 64bit

MELCO
WLI-PCM-L11G
Lucent/Agere
64bit/128bit

MELCO
WLI-PCM-L11GP
Lucent/Agere
64bit/128bit
worked, WEP: 64bit/128bit

Lucent
WaveLAN/IEEE Silver
Lucent/Agere
64bit
worked, WEP 64bit

Lucent
WaveLAN/IEEE Gold
Lucent/Agere
64bit/128bit
worked, WEP: 128bit

Lucent
WaveLAN/IEEE Turbo Silver
Lucent/Agere
???
worked, WEP: ???

Lucent
Orinoco Silver
Lucent/Agere
64bit
worked, WEP: 64bit

COREGA
PCCB-11
Prism 2
64bit
ad-hoc mode don't work

Planex
GW-NS110
???
???

Planex
GW-NS11S
???
???

Planex
GW-NS11H
Prism 3.0
64bit/128bit
worked, WEP: 64bit/128bit

IO-DATA
WN-B11/PCM
???
???

ADTEC
AD-LINK 340C
???
???

Farallon
Skyline 11Mbps
???
???
worked, WEP: ???

ELSA
AirLancer MC-11
???
???
worked, WEP: ???

AVAYA
Wirelss PC Card
???
???
worked, WEP: ???

Tekram
PCF200
???
???
worked, WEP: ???

DELL
TrueMobile 1150
???
???
worked, WEP: ???

Intel
PRO/Wireless 2011
???
???
worked, WEP: ???

Linksys
WPC11 (rev 1)
???
???
worked, WEP: ???

Linksys
WPC11 (rev 2 or later)
not supported (product name is over 31 chars)

SMC
2632W (rev 1 ???)
???
???
worked, WEP: ???

SMC
2632W (rev 2)
???
???
not worked

D-Link
DWL-650
???
???
worked not recommend because of 3.3V

3Com
3CRWE62092A
not supported (product name is over 31 chars)

3Com
3CRWE737A
not supported (product name is over 31 chars)

IBM
High Rate Wireless LAN PC Card
not supported (product name is over 31 chars)

Belkin
F5D6020
not supported (product name is over 31 chars)

Nokia
D211
not supported (multi-function card)

Cisco / Aeronet