Re: [NTLK] eMate to pc connection

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 23:38:54 PDT

When I first started using slowdown I had to spend quite a bit of time
working out how many instances of slowdown that I would need to use and also
whether or not the top slider should be all the way to the right on each
instance. My current PC is the second one since I first purchased a Newton.
The earlier machine only needed two instances of slowdown to be active at
one time. However the second instance had the top slider only over to the
right halfway. That was a 300MHz AMD processor.
My current machine is at 1MHz AMD Windows machine. I find that I have to
use three instances of slowdown with the top slider all the way to the right
on all three.

Perhaps, with a bit more experimentation, you might find that it starts
working. I hope this helps

Cheers
Tony.

PO Box 33-200
106 Panorama Rd
Sumner
Christchurch
New Zealand
Ph +64-274-339-745
Fax +64-3-326-7712

Hi all,
I recently got an eMate and I went to transfer some files from NewtonWorks,
but
I always get connection errors. I've tried using slowdown, i've tried
manipulating settings in NCU and settings for my serial port, and I've
searched
the archives and it seems everyone suggests using slowdown. Unfortunately,
it
does not work for me. I've also tried downloading sloup, but the .zip file
is
corrupt. I've tried even running NCU in Win98 compatibility mode. If
anyone
has any suggestions or workarounds, I'd love to hear them. I'm running a
1.4
GHz Athlon on XP home. Thanks.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html