Re: [NTLK] MP130 Questions...

From: suppaman (suppaman_at_softhome.net)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 04:16:50 PDT

On Thursday 16 October 2003 06:37, Mark Benson wrote:

> I have an Apple Powerbook 150 PSU. It's 7.5V DC 2A, according to the
> seller his 9W PSU is a 7.5V DC 1.2A. So is using the PB 150 PSU gonna
> blow my Newton? As far as I can apply my Advanced Level College Physics
> it shouldn't, it should only supply what the Newton draws in terms of
> current. I thought in my innocence that the Voltage and polarity were
> the critical bits and that the current (and subsequently the power)
> where dependant on the device. But then I haven't done any electronics
> in a while.

From what I've understood the Newton power supply has circuitry to regulate
current, a standard AC/DC converter would have not and even a Apple power
suppl y(like the powerbook one) could have a different way of regulating the
current.

You should open a newton power supply and have a look to be sure but, hey, if
you have a newton power supply to open better plug it into the newton.. :-)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html