Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0RC6

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 17:00:19 PDT

Paul
This ATA support project has got to rank as one of the Newton developments
which has brought a huge amount of confidence for Newton users that the
platform will continue to be relevant as the technology environment
involves. From my reading of the archives, not only have you conquered the
heights of technical complexity in producing this solution but also made the
product accessible to nontechnical types like myself by making it easy to
install. Go you good thing!

I am glad that you intend to include backup facilities in your version 1.0
release.

What are the benefits of FAT support and an asynchronous driver?

Cheers
Tony.

PO Box 33-200
106 Panorama Rd
Sumner
Christchurch
New Zealand
Ph +64-274-339-745
Fax +64-3-326-7712

Roadmap towards 1.0 and beyond
==============================

The roadmap towards 1.0 is to fix the eMate 300 power bug. I also
have to check that some issues with applications such as NewtsCape or
Inkspot are fixed or to fix them. Most importantly, I want to enable
backups for 1.0 release.

Also, I need to rewrite the documentation.

1.1 will either include FAT support or asynchronous driver (i.e.
speed). I haven't decided yet. Please tell me what you prefer (the
replied I got so far were more in favor of FAT support since ATA
Support can now compete with linear cards for most operations).

Where to download ATA Support RC6?

You'll find it on my website.
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/

Regards,

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/