Re: [NTLK] [OT] Hell has frozen over

From: Mark Benson (markbenson_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 11:01:51 PDT

On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 06:19 PM, Eric L. Strobel wrote:

> Sure you can. You just can't run iTunes *4.x* on your OS 9 laptop.
> At this
> very moment, I'm listening to iTunes 2.0.4 on this not-yet-OS
> X-equipped
> iMac. But, yes, if you want to take advantage of iTMS, you need an OS
> machine so you can run iTunes 4.

OS 9 is simply not flexible enough, nor has the frameworks necessary to
support iTunes 4.1. It could be patched and altered to make it work but
it'd be counterintuitive for *Apple* to do that.
Consider this - iTunes 4.1 for Windows does NOT run on Windows 98 or Me
for the same reasons... Now is this making sense?

--
Mark Benson
AIM - SilValleyPirate