Re: [NTLK] EMate300 Help

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 11:05:32 PDT

Hi Jay
Many of us are using the eMate 300.
Have you purchased already?
If you have not then try to make sure that everything works especially
stylus input. and that it comes with a power adapter unless you
already have a Newton power supply. They are available from J and K
sales for about $30.
The first thing you should do is read the FAQs. See bottom of this
page.
Setup will be ,easiest if you are using a Mac with OS 9 or earlier. If
you use a windows machine you will need a serial adapter or what is
called a dongless PC cable.
The eMate has basic software built into ROM so it is usable as soon as
you turn it on.
There is a problem with the hinge spring coming loose and cutting the
display cable, so read Frank Gruendel's page
<http://www.pda-soft.de/english.html> about repair of the spring so
this does not happen to you.
Once you hit a problem inform the list of the os you are using and what
you want to do and someone will help you
Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html