Re: [NTLK] Database Recomendations

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 00:25:52 PDT

Michael Detlefsen wrote:
> Robert, does it do this under OS X? I couldn't figure out how.

 From the Manual:
'FilePad Synchronicity provides synchronization from FilePad to
FileMaker Pro on the Macintosh. Synchonization allows you to export a
subset of FileMaker Pro records to your Newton, and update that subset
of records from your Newton at a later time. Synchronicity adds new
records to FileMaker Pro when they have been entered on the Newton, not
transferred. This eliminates the duplicate record problem that
frequently occurs with FileMaker Pro's Import feature.

FilePad Synchronicity Requirements
FilePad Synchronicity will only install on Macintoshes with Mac OS 8 or
higher. FilePad Synchronicity needs to be in the same folder as FilePad
Link - Macintosh. QuickTime must be installed for FilePad Synchronicity
to operate properly.'

Now I don't use it myself but it might work under Classic, I think
you'll need a serial connection though...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html