Re: [NTLK] New Newton Owner

From: Scott G. Lewis (lists_at_garbitch.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 19:38:04 PDT

I have a PowerBook 17" and a Dual 867 G4 mirrored door. I think both
are incapable of actually booting into classic. I've taken the easy way
out (spent money). I've purchased a KeySpan USB Twin Serial Adapter,
which apparently will work well with both NewTen (package installer for
Mac OS X) and NewtSync (syncs iCal and Address Book). That will get my
data onto the Mac. As far as backups go, the Newton I purchased came
with 2 2mb PCMCIA cards. I've set all data to go to 1 of the cards by
default, and will back up the data to the other card. Anybody know of
an actual backup program for Mac OS X? Only reason I ask, is because it
seems neither of these products back up Notes, and in general the soups.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html