Re: [NTLK] card problems

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 20:16:45 PDT

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 07:44:01PM -0700, mickeysmith_at_mac.com wrote:
> I have in my possession a genuine Newton 2MB Flash Storage card.
> Despite me toggling back and forth the little write protection switch,
> I get the following message upon inserting it.
> "Writing to this type of card is unsupported. This card will be mounted
> read-only."
> So, any thots, ya'll?

You have the wrong kind of newt.

(It's a 12v/5v card, and you have a unit that can only write to 5v/5v
cards. http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIB1 )

--
60. My five-year-old child advisor will also be asked to decipher any code I
    am thinking of using. If he breaks the code in under 30 seconds, it will