Re: [NTLK] Emate Memory Upgrade

From: Ferdi Ozguner (fozguner_at_ualberta.ca)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 12:06:59 PDT

Then there are the critics. Well I have already contacted Newer about the
upgrade. This was done prior to doing any production. They could care less
about what they referred to as a "dead" platform. Its simply not worthwhile
for them to produced an extremely limited run of these chips. However im sure
they can decide this for themself and if necessary confirm that their "delete"
key is still functional =).

Marty if you have $50,000 laying around doing nothing the clear newton
caseings can still proceed. Everything in terms of production, design, etc
are all completed. I did not get enough of a response to the project to make
it feasible to continue with the clear casing production. The response that i
did receive would have meant a very significant investment on my part. That
being said it would have also been a chore to get these shipped, I had an
estimate at 3 tons for shipping weight for the completed moulds.

I assure all list members that the EM300 Memory card is something that is
within my financial/Technical ability to produce.

Lets all think happy thoughts.
Ferdi

> For those that are intersted i will be producing an emate memory
> upgrade
Right after the clear Newton plastics?

> identicle to the one made by NewerTech. It will be fully tested and
> certified
> before mailing and i guarantee functionality.
I doubt Newer will have the where withall to pursue legal remedies at
this date, but I will send them a copy of your statement anyhow.

Sheesh,
Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html