Re: [NTLK] OT - Off Topic - Need an eBay auction to bid on

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 14:22:57 PDT

> From: "Frank Gruendel" <fg2_at_pda-soft.de>
> Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:17:02 +0200
> To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
> Subject: [NTLK] OT - Off Topic - Need an eBay auction to bid on

[snip!]
> What I am looking for is an auction on which I can bid to make
> sure I can still bid at eBay.com. Obviously, I'm not too eager to
> win, I just want to confirm I can bid. Would any of you folks have an
> auction
> running on which I can bid with a reasonable chance of not being
> the winner?
>
> Or, as a second option, is anybody aware of an eBay email address
> that is read by someone who really answers? Like, a human being?

Have you tried to log into your account and verify your information? That
would probably tell you if your account is OK or not. I did receive a few of
those emails and some of them from, apparently, Paypal. When you look at the
link they send you, you can usually tell whether it's a trap or legit. For
any secured transaction, the protocol has to be secured, i.e. https not
http. Then, look at the domain name. It has to be the real domain. The
hoaxes usually will point to a specific IP address, which is a no no...

-Laurent.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html