Re: [NTLK] Copyrigth Laws (was Emate Memory Upgrade)

From: Ferdi Ozguner (fozguner_at_ualberta.ca)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 06:52:53 PDT

One cannot copyright a PCB design, one can patent a design, however, the
patent offices are normally wary to offer patents for simpler PCB designs as
this stifles competition in the marketplace. The one exception that allows
one to copyright a PCB is in the event that is is soley used for artistic
purpose (ie it is framed and hung on a wall).

Pictures/Text are a different matter and can be copyrighted.