Re: [NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THI.

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 22:44:30 PST

I agree...it's about integrity. All of us who have
been on this list for any period of time, knows that
PCBMan has donated his skills for several
causes...free and clear with no strings attached. I
can remember two occations where he GAVE AWAY his
SER-001 boards to needy causes, (and it's a safe bet
to say that there were more instances of his
generosity, but I just wasn't paying attention...) and
one only has to visit the donations page at:
http://www.newtontalk.net/donations/
to see that his integrity is more than just words.
It's in his deeds as well. I have dealt with PCBMan on
several occations and can say that this is an
individual who has earned the respect and thanks of
the Newton community...
Now, take the above information and apply it to anyone
else and see how they stack up. Then ask yourself
this, who would you buy a used car from?....uh, I mean
a Newton add-on from?
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Woo Lee <vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> Great words David.
>
> For those who are new to Newton, check the archive
> at www.newtontalk.net ,
> use my name and/or ferdi for the history search on
> how a seller treats his
> customers...oh yeah, David's too, also as PCBMan.
> ------------------
> >If you all decide to not buy his stuff then he WILL
> go away. He can't
> survive in a hostile market.
> >
> >Now, it is very likely that some of you have had a
> good experience with
> Ferdi and wonder what all the fuss is about.
> >
> >Well it's about honesty, integrity, and original
> thought; qualities that
> Ferdi is lacking to a great degree.
> >
> >I am both saddened and flattered.
> >
> >Saddened that he would seek to profit from my
> original labor and flattered
> that my design is so revolutionary that
> >someone would wish to copy it.
> >
> >Make no mistake folks, it IS a copy, despite what
> he may say. I guess that

> !ooW %-) www.lanug.org
> Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live
> Body.
> A NewtonAddict on MacAddictYr2003!

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100