Re: [NTLK] Mad Newton ate my storage card: a plea for help.

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 12:27:13 PST

    This package first installs as any other package, second, upon
activation, it writes a Virtual Binary Object and put it on the Audio soup,
then deletes itself.
    It needs about 800 KB for the package itself, AND about 800 KB again
for the soup it will write to.

   It probably got stuck in the second stage, writing the VBO, I can't
remember if the newton checks for the memory space.

  I'm glad everything goes fine again.

D.

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:43:10 -0500, Matthew Reidsma wrote:
>> I received an error stating that there was a problem with Daniel
>> Package, and it could not be activated. I assumed that it was a
>> problem
>> with the Newt, restarted and tried to reload the package. I got the
>> same error.
>
> This is usually an error with the package file itself, i.e. in most
> cases, the file is corrupt or the transfer to the Newton fails.
>
>> How can I retrieve my 2Mbs without
>> resorting to wiping the card? Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Can you delete the Audio soup? Otherwise, the problem seems to be
> deeper. I've no idea what a partial install of a store part does, but
> maybe Paul G. or Philz has some clue.

I solved the problem. Sort of. I just moved the packages and stores I
wanted to keep from the card to the internal store and wiped the card.
Moved the packages back and *viola!* Plenty of room left. :)

Doesn't really help the solution, but it works now for me, and that's
all that matters. :)

-Matthew

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html