[NTLK] A lead on a dude who knows HWR stuff

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 13:46:19 PST

Dudes and dudettes,

By chance, I was talking with a coworker of mine and he gave me a tip
for someone who might be able to offer some insight on "porting" NOS
(Newton-like Operating System) to another device.

I was in the lunchroom reading some cached pages in Courier when this
guy mentioned that his wife's cousin (stay with me here) used to do some
programming on PDAs and one of his specialties was [drum roll]
Handwriting Recognition. This guy's name is Greg Strikleather and he is
the dude that started the company Headsprout (if anyone has heard of it).

Anywho, he has emailed me and has agreed to answer some questions, if we
have some. I personally don't know much about programming yet, but I
could pass some questions back and forth until I set up a line of
communication set up for some of the more serious members of the group.
Also, FYI he owns the rights to a HWR system that he licenses to other
companies. And there's this tidbit: he started a company called Aha (sp?
that was bought by M$ a couple of years ago. BTW, I don't know what Aha did.

Hope this helps some people.

Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html