Re: [NTLK] Newton Gestures Question

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 07:55:11 PST

Jonathan Wise (For NewtonTalk) wrote:
> Y'know the backwards L that's supposed to go to the next line? 9
> times out of 10, all I can get from it is a capital J. I'm careful not to
> put any curve in the lower stroke, and I've tried writing it overly big,
> overly small, and the same size as all my other characters. But no matter
> what I do, I get a J.

Try starting the stroke on the lower half of the line, bring the pen down to
below the bottom edge of the line, pause slightly without lifting the pen,
then bring the pen left underneath the line. That's what works for me. If
you angle the second part of the stroke up towards the line of text, you'll
get a J.

That works for me... practice makes perfect!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html