[NTLK]

From: glen (glen.morris21_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 04:09:05 PST

Does anyone on the list have any experience with configuring a Proxim
7520 RangeLan2 wireless access point? I acquired one of these units
for my home use/experimentation for little money and am hoping to get
it configured to allow a MP2K with a RangeLan2 PC card installed to
connect to the Internet wirelessly. The Owner's manual is simple enough
sounding but I have tried as my spare time allows for over a month
without any luck. Proxim has not been responding to my support
requests.
So before I give up trying, I hoped someone on the list may be able to
give me some guidance. Simply put, I am having no luck getting any
terminal application (hyperterminal, windows terminal, etc.) to talk to
the access point via the recommended Null Modem Cable configuration
method noted in the manual. Serial ports on windoze machines are a
mystery to me and I am just spinning my wheels.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html