Re: [NTLK] Syncing Quicken 2004 and Pocket Money

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 21:59:58 PST

on 30/10/03 23:15, David M. Ensteness at denstene_at_mac.com wrote:

> Its my understanding this can be done, anyone know anything about it? I
> don't use serial to connect I use a network card, can anyone point me
> in the right direction?

I did for some time sync PocketMoney with Quicken 2002. To use Ethernet, you
have to have the connection tool that goes with Pocket Money that supports
AppleTalk. Then, if your card in your Newton is configured to be used for
AppleTalk, you're fine. Then, you run the receiving application on your Mac
and save the resulting file as a 'qif'. You can then import it into Quicken.

-Laurent.

"Heuristics are bug ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs, then
they'd be algorithms."
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html