Re: [NTLK] Please Talk Me Out of This!.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 02:50:12 PDT

That's how I feel. What I use is what I use, not my friend or business
contact.

Three favorite responses about my Newts.;

1. Nice big screen.
2. You never lost any data???
3. The HWR 'WORKS'?!?!

Of course there are lots of other positive responses.

The negative responses are the usual;

1. Too big(but they want the big screen).
2. Not supported anymore(as if WinXP updates are signs of support).
3. I've always heard the HWR never worked, they sure were wrong.

Oh well.
------------------
>Newton. Her Palm does nearly all she needs and is small enough to be
>carried anywhere. But she hardly ever writes anything on it, she uses
>her iMac instead and synchronize the Newton. She knows about all her
>appointments like this, and since she works at her home, she takes
>appointments and phone numbers on her iMac. I really think her Palm
>is a better choice for her.
>
>It's not for me. For me it's a Newton MP2100.>I don't feel any need for
bluetooth. I don't feel any need for 30 fps
>videos. I don't feel any need for a color screen. My Newton is there
>to process data, information, and the information that matters for me
>is not colored nor animated. The way to input it is primarily the
>pen, so I can input data anywhere, anytime. I enjoy watching movies,
>but I prefer the PowerBook screen or the TV set.
>
>I don't think I'm blind. I don't have a cell phone but I'm not
>deaf-mute either. I probably won't be the last to leave the platform.
>When I'll find something better for my needs, I'll abandon my Newton
>in favor of this thing like I abandonned my Filofax years ago in
>favor of a MP2000. In fact, a knowledge navigator that would fit
>folded in 5x5x1 cm would do it ;)
>
>Paul

!ooW %-) www.lanug.org
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
A NewtonAddict on MacAddictYr2003!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html