Re: [NTLK] MP 130 owner info removal

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 07:04:37 PDT

> I did the following:
>
> * 1. Disconnect any AC power.
> * 2. Remove the main batteries.
> * 3. Remove the round Lithium backup battery.
> * 4. Let the Apple MessagePad sit this way for 15 minutes.
>
> The problem is, that only the Systempatch has been remove. My Owner
> Information is still there.

To the best of my knowledge this is normal and no reason to worry
about. The owner info I think lives in the flash memory and isn't
erased by removing all power. Otherwise it would be easy to get rid of,
for example, a PIN you set.
It is, by the way, not always sufficient to leave the 130 without
power for only 15 minutes. Better make that a day to be on the safe
side.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html