[NTLK] Newton Pager Card

From: Matt Janeczek (MJJ14_at_aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 08:38:04 PDT

Hey guys,

I was watching the Newton tutorial VHS tape that came with the earlier
Newtons. It shows a big, clunky pager card used to receive text messages.
Iam sure this service has long been shut off by Bell South, but I have never
seen these cards on eBay or any other online store. Were these like super
rare back in the day too? Also, just out of curiosity, I wonder if any of
the original Newton programmers are subscribed to this mailing list, and
justwatch us troubleshoot stuff on our own. :-) Does anyone personally
knowsomeone who worked on the Newton in the 90s?

-Matt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html