Re: [NTLK] Tides

From: Chet Johns (cjohns_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 18:40:05 PDT

Oh. Not a good beginners project for someone just starting out in Newton
basic. I'll put it on my "to do someday" list. Thanks for the info. :-(

Oh, quick question. I have a PCMCIA cardbus card which attaches to an
external 2.5 inch drive via scsi hook-up. It is self powered on my powerbook
PCMCIA slot but comes with an external power adapter and power source is
user switchable. I believe it was made by adaptec several years ago.
Wondering if it would be possible for this to work with the newton (as it is
self powered). Would something like the ATA driver work or is this another
way out idea. I'm afraid if I plug it in I might just fry my newton. I don't
have immediate access to this hardware at present so I don't have the specs
of the card right now. Any thoughts?

-Chet

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html