Re: [NTLK] Card lending service

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 03:04:32 PDT

Victor Rehorst wrote:
>Frank Gruendel wrote:
>
>> I think this is an excellent idea. It would make things both cheaper and
>> faster for everybody. But before we start talking about hubs, let's wait
>> what the donators decide about whether they want the remainder of the fund
>> raising spent that way.
>
>Since we're not talking about hubs :) I will volunteer to be an East Coast
>and/or Canadian hub. I already have an old 2MB card that I could use for
>this, and I may be able to get another. As well as a 128KB SRAM card.
>
>PS: if people would like to undertake the rescue-card idea as a "special
>project" then I can create a separate mailing list for it (similar to what I
>did when we were figuring out the t-shirt thing).

I can also contribute, as a hub, with cash, or if I can find one, a card
(I'm in Denmark), as I had big hassles bootstrapping originally. I've also
got some ideas to avoid paypal. Most people don't have paypal debit
access, and credit takes a cut. A separate temp list is maybe a good idea.

Cheers,

Damien

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html