[NTLK] Few questions about syncing w/ OSX & XP

From: Melvin Lasky (melvin.lasky_at_manhattan.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 11:54:05 PDT

Hey all, I just got my newton back and I have a few questions! By the
way, Frank G. is one of the best people I have ever dealt with. If you
ever need to do any business with him, he is truly an honorable man! He
fixed my Newton, and it came back perfect. Thank you again!

1. When trying to sync with a windows machine and a serial cable, it
always connection error? I tried to use slowdown, and it helped a
little but still have trouble using the backup option in NCU. Any
suggestions on how to back up via serial?
2. Do you need a router when connecting your newton to your powerbook?
Because I can't seem to get it connected when they are plugged directly
into each other. I tried Escale and it doesn't work either with the
router or directly plugged in? I have a 3com card that works fine, im
able to use newthopper and simple mail and eveything. Any suggestion or
websites for help with connecting my Powerbook 12" G4 to my Newton via
ethernet? I also tried NewtSync and that program works perfect via
router, but it doesn't install packages. Any suggestions? I also tried
delivery, that doesnt work either.

Thanks for all your help.

Mel

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html