Re: [NTLK] PC slot on 2x00 no longer working

From: Scotty Technoir (tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 18:19:36 PDT

Ed Kummel wrote:
> Something really odd happened today.
*snip*
> I investigate the pins
> and there is no bent pins.
>
> So, I know that others on this list have experienced
> this...
> Ed

Hi Ed. something like this happened to me, except that i could actually
see the pin was bent. major pain, but not terminal. first of all:
DON'T USE THE FACTORY PCMCIA BLANKS!!!
[first time shouting on the list, sorry] but really if you place the
blank in crooked it can and will bend pins. a wayward blank is what
damaged my pcmcia slot last year. for the love of crimany get a modem or
mem card or whatever and use that...PLease!

but getting back to what is wrong: i would take it apart and check that
none of the pins have been pushed back. they may appear to be straight
[it is rather hard to get a good look at them back in there] but one or
2 may be pushed in to the point where they are not plugging into the
card anymore. check it out; i know you've opened your newt before, so it
should be simple for you. let us know how it goes.

and toss that blank away...

scotty technoir

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html