Re: [NTLK] Looking to completely Hot Rod my eMate

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 18:55:20 PDT

Hi Micah
You already have people looking and lusting, I think you are well on
your way. The measures that you mention are much too mundane. I would
be thinking of a small amp and sub woofer for the headphone jack,
replacing the small rubber feet with something with a little more lift
and some LEDs for an underglow and a cool paint job with maybe some
realistic bullet holes.
You could also show off its natural strength and resilience by standing
on your desk or any available object and drop it to the floor and show
that it still works.
But if they're simple folk and you have a dial up email account just
plug in a pcmcia modem and fetch your mail ( some set up first like
with any client). Networking with osx is doable, I do it with a 3com
ethernet card and NCU for moving information either way in classic or
serial cable and NewTen in osx, if networking simply means getting info
to the newton, There are some more powerful tools but I haven't used
them. Others may have some tips on entourage.
Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html