Re: [NTLK] Combo WiFi & 128 MB flash!

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 10:06:26 PDT

Il me semble que le 5/09/03 à 10:45 -0500, Nathan Turnage nous racontait:
>Yo Paul, what exactly is "Lantern?"

Lantern is a project from Apple to clean up the drivers in NewtonOS.
I don't think it's used for anything but Ethernet cards.

In other words, Hiroshi's work like other Ethernet drivers don't
interface themselves with the system but with Lantern which in turn
interfaces with the system and provides AppleTalk communication over
Ethernet.

>Also on a side note, someone had mentioned using the nightly builds of
>Escale (for those having problems with 1.0.1), and I was wondering where
>someone might find said builds. I am having a difficult time with Escale
>in its current form.

They're here:
http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/DCL/nightlies/droopy/

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/