Re: [NTLK] PC slot on 2x00 no longer working

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 11:17:20 PDT

Yeah...I could work up a reference on the practice of
safe card slot insertion, but somehow, the cadence of
the statement makes it "not work".

What makes this even funnier is that I've put all
sorts of cards in my Newt. Everything from a ram card
from my AT&T EO (it wouldn't fit) to my iomega click
drive and this bluetooth card. Only now do I have a
problem...go figure!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain...although it is now serving temporary duty
as my daily newt)

--- Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> wrote:
> Ed Kummel wrote:
> > Kinda makes me wonder...what was inserted into
> this
> > Newt that would have pushed in the same pin?
> > Although I do remember that the day prior to the
> upper
> > slot failing, I popped in a Bluetooth card that a
> > friend let me look at. I put it in the upper slot
> and
> > the Newt complained that it couldn't recognize the
> > card so I removed it...but I never put it in the
> > bottom slot so I don't think this was the entire
> > cause.
>
> I've been wondering about the same question, maybe
> you we're 'just'
> unlucky in one slot and the Bluetooth card 'handled'
> the other one?
> Reminds you of checking every unknown you card you
> insert in your
> Newt...
>

> Robert Benschop

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100