Re: [NTLK] Serial Port characteristics

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 01:37:59 PDT

Donald,

have a look here:
http://newton.pbk-solutions.de/produkte/kabel/internal_connections.htm
it is in german, but you can surely read the table and the numbers ;-))
This is an universal adaptor, because you can connect both, modem and PC,
because this cabling does not perform any crossing between Rx and Tx lines.
If you use a modem (f.i. mobile phone) you need a 1:1 connection.
If you whant to connect to a PC, you need to cross between Rx and Tx lines,
this is normally done in the interface cable (f.i. a so called null modem
cable).

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html