Re: [NTLK] Share Internet Connection

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 09:53:35 PDT

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 09:17 AM, <mike_at_mikeinteractive.com>
wrote:

> I feel certain that I can connect my Newton
> to the Internet once I sign up for a wireless
> ISP but I don't have a Web browser for the Newton.
>
> So I thought I needed to get a Web browser in the
> Newton before I hooked it to the Internet (otherwise
> an Internet connection wouldn't do me any good).
>
> Does this make sense or am I off the beam here?
>
> Thanks again for all your help on this!

A wireless ISP?

LIke who?

You can use any of following browsers.(in my order of preference)
1) Newtscape (very capable, most advanced, kind of slow)
2) Nethopper (simple interface, kind of limited though)
3) Luna suite (buggy)
4) Courier (All new and very exciting this appears to be the most
promising candidate going forward).

You are kind of off the beam though, since browsing on the newt is not
really that great in general. Using other internet clients like
Simplemail and Enroute, and my favorite news reader Inkspot, are
generally more satisfying then browsing at the moment ( GO Eck!).