Re: [NTLK] Share Internet Connection

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 14:59:24 PDT

Hi Mike
First make sure that you have the following packages installed on your
Newton
From: Woody Smith <woody_at_bitstream.net>
Date: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:00:53 PM US/Central
To: smithrus_at_hutchtel.net
Subject: Connection

There is always the problem with different names on the Newt and the
name of the package on the desktop computer. In truth I don't know
what you need but I have an emate that can connect and I will list what
is in its extension folder and versions.
3C589 Created 9/15/99
Farallon Enet Created 8/8/97 v1
Newton Devices Created 9/29/97 v1
Newton Internet Enabler
NIE Ethernet Module
NIE LocalTalk Module
NIE Modem & Serial Module
NIE Patch Created 12/5/01 v2
TCP/IP Dock Transport Created 2/17/01 v2
z3ComDrv:clli Created 11/5/97 v1

In the Setup folder
Internet Setup Created 9/29/97 v2001

If you have these installed you should have no problem connecting to
the internet. Most people share a connection with some arrangement of
router and Hub, though it is possible to use your mac as a router and
share the connection (a software issue)
Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html