Re: [NTLK] PC slot on 2x00 no longer working

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 02:22:55 PDT

Sorry to hear that,
have you checked this famous button?
Maybe you can also try to inspect the solder connections with a big
magnifying glass.
I can imagine that if the power to the slot is interrupted, the card will
not be recognised.
But if you have a PCMCIA Ethernet card like the 3COM that has an indicator
you can use this card to find out if it is powered (after reset the Network
Led indicator should be lit.
It might also be the case that the regulator for the PCMCIA slot power is
damaged, but to solve that we would definitely need a circuit diagram that
we unfortunately do not have...

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html