Re: [NTLK] different Newton Keyboards?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 19:49:10 PDT

on 09/09/03 22:00, Robert Maeda Serna at japecan_at_mail.comcast.net wrote:

> something came to my attention today when I was getting my spare Newton
> downstairs (my back up Newton started to get the jaggies really bad I tried
> everything business card, taking off the screen protector & replace, reset
> & the ultimate hard reset no dice, the next thing is openning the Newton up
> but that will be for later) I found another keyboard but it was a little
> different! The one I have has the keyboard cable on the top right but the
> one I just discovered has the cable coming out on the left side of the
> keyboard & you can actually retract the cable back into the keyboard so the
> connector is only visible! How cool is that! It has the same model # X0044
> / Mexico in back but has anybody else got one too?

I've been in the Newton world since 1993 and never heard about a keyboard
with a retracting cable...

-Laurent.

case and paste n.: [from `cut and paste'] 1. The addition of a new feature
to an existing system by selecting the code from an existing feature and
pasting it in with minor changes. Common in telephony circles because most
operations in a telephone switch are selected using case statements. Leads
to software bloat.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html