Re: [NTLK] Spam - Penis growing!!!

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 19:40:47 PDT

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 9/10/03 8:55 PM, the entity known
as Jeff Henry transmitted the following from j3ff_at_comcast.net:

> Another list that I am a member of uses a really neat way of changing email
> addresses to a image file. kind of hard for some automated crawler warez to
> get your address from a image.

Shhh, but you can usually deduce it's an e-mail addy graphic from the
context of the HTML. Capture the graphic, convert to TIFF, run through OCR
software and there you go. Not something that's probably done right now, as
there's just too much low-hanging fruit still to be picked. But don't
assume that this will keep your addy safe forever.

- Eric.

Don't let ANYONE else make a fool of you!  If you want something done
right, you've got to do it yourself!!
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html