Re: [NTLK] Emate memory upgrade

From: Mark Montoya (markmontoya_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 17:25:21 PDT

On 9/11/03 9:19 AM, "Jim Siburt" <jsiburt_at_mac.com> wrote:

> As a proud new eMate owner I can attest to the need for a memory
> upgrade. But they are practically non-existent. And when they do show
> up on Ebay then it is we the eMate owners who fight for the upgrade
> card raising the price and padding the pockets of someone who probably
> could careless about the device.
>
> Maybe if we refused to over pay and bought as a community then this
> wouldn't be an issue. An idea would be to keep the parts and pieces
> within the community and sell them at a reasonable price and then sell
> them back to the community when we no longer have need or (gasp) loose
> interest. If a device or accessories appears on Ebay then a designated
> buyer purchases it and brings it into the community collection.
>
> Nobody says we have to behave in a capitalistic way just because others
> do. : ) Not hat I am against capitalism or even care to raise such a
> discussion.
>
> Regards
> Jim S.

Jim, I love all my newts (130,2100 and Emate) and the idea to keep various
items in the community when we loose interest is a great idea! I did buy the
emate memory upgrade off ebay, because that was the way I could find one. It
was pricey, but now consider this in the community ;) I may have some items
that I no longer use to get rid off. I will post to list when I gather my
items and consider the prices reasonable :)

Cheers,

Mark

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html