Re: [NTLK] Spam - Penis growing!!!

From: Jeff Henry (j3ff_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 20:36:21 PDT

Just for the record I was not saying that they did a bad job or anything
like that. I was simply showing a way that someone else has done something
to help prevent spam. I get a bunch of spam on all of my email addresses I
do not know where it is coming from and I really do not care I simply block
the offending sender and/or domain from sending me spam anymore. As of now I
still download the spam but it goes straight into the trash. As soon as I
get more time I am going to setup a new mail server and more than likely run
something like procmail.
Also someone in another msg mentioned that this could be overcame but I
noticed that they put something like the blah_at_nospam.blah well not to ruffle
feathers or anything but that isnt fool proof either. I have seen scripts
that will find variations of "nospam" etc and remove that leaving just the
email address.

Jeff Henry jeff_at_jeffhenry.net
Amateur Radio Operator KG4ZIE