Re: [NTLK] [OT] Wireless Earbuds

From: Jim Siburt (jsiburt_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 05:45:29 PDT

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 11:40 PM, Peter Jaros wrote:

> Has anyone seen wireless earbuds, or know if such a thing exists? I'm
> envisioning two hearing-aid-like earbuds and a dongle-like transmitter
> with a mini-plug (1/8" headphone plug). Or does anyone know how to
> make one? I ask here with the NIC audio dongle in mind. It's a
> stretch, I know, but I'm not sure where else to turn. Speaking of
> which, anyone know of a better place to ask?

Here is a thought or at least a trail of bread crumbs to begin
following. I believe the Newton community is vast enough and contains
some of the greatest minds in the computer industry. Look at how the
platform has not only been kept alive but also expanding. I followed
this link:

http://40hz.org/Experiments/

to Eckhart Köppen's page and discovered that he is working on Bluetooth
for the Newton. If that is functional then it may be possible to use a
Jabra Bluetooth headset. Now it wouldn't provide stereo but it would
allow you to listen to ebooks and music as well as providing voice
input for recording messages for notes. So in theory you could carry
your Newt in your cargo pocket, pack, bag, whatever and listen to tunes
and or record your thoughts. Would someone else like to take this
dream further?

Jim S.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html