[NTLK] Time to Show Off...

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 14:14:48 PDT

This Sunday the Brotherhood at my synagogue is holding a breakfast
where the topic is PDA's: Which One Should I Buy?. So of course, I am
seizing the opportunity to introduce everyone to some seriously "dead
and outdated" technology, our beloved friend. I'm planning on showing:

BASIC (Programming)
Director (Driving Directions)
EZ Presenter (Presentations)
SimpleMail (uh...Mail)
Courier or NetHopper (Web Browsing)
ShowMate (Remote control of audio/video equipment)
Newton IM (Instant Messaging)
NewtSync (Sync Addresses, Calendar to Mac)
Out of Pocket (Expense Reporting)
PhotoShow (uh...show photos)
SmallTalk (Foreign Language Translator)
Street Finder (NYC Streets)
NewtFTP (uh...FTP)
NPDS (Web Server)
MadMax (MP3 Playing)
MacinTalk (Text->Speech)
Wireless Connectivity, and of course...
REAL handwriting recognition!

Anything else you can think of that will raise eyebrows in the crowd?

Thanks,
Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html