Re: [NTLK] Earthlink email on MP2000

From: James Tegart (jtegart_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 16:36:40 PDT

Tim Breitberg wrote:

>I found this on Google when I started to get my 2100 online:
>http://help.earthlink.net/techsupport/other/message_pad/menu.html

Thanks to all who offered advice. The main problem is that my old Newton
modem operates at 2400bps, which is not supported by Earthlink. The
modem uses V.42 protocol and Earthlink says they don't support this. I
presume my old modem can not be upgraded. So I need a faster modem. I
've been searching ebay and the above link should help get everything
set up correctly. Am I on the right track?

Jim

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html