Re: [NTLK] Ethernet driver problem

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 16:59:28 PDT

Vladimir said...

>Help! I lost the dreaded dongle while moving from Canada to Bulgaria.
> I have a network card, but no way to download the network drivers

Erich said...

> Sounds like the first candidate for the loaner card service.
> And he's in Europe, too!

Vladimir,

in case this problem isn't solved yet, let me know. I plan to set
up a free card loaner service, but the web page isn't written
yet. In a nutshell, it will work somewhat like that:

You pay a sum like USD 15 or so and I send the card with all drivers
on it. You install the drivers and send the card back. Once I have
it I refund your money minus what I paid for shipping.

I would need the exact type of Newton you have and the operating
system language to prepare the card.

Could the more knowledgeable ones out there please let me know which
packages must be on this card and where to find them? I have all
packages here that I need to make MY Newton Ethenet-ready with MY
card, but that might not be sufficient.

No, I am NOT going to have a look at the FAQ. It is two in the
morning and I have 2 SER001 installations, one 2x00 battery
refurbish and two OMP packs in the queue...

Thanks

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html