Re: [NTLK] Wireless Earbuds

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 04:19:48 PDT

On fredag, sep 12, 2003, at 23:16 Europe/Stockholm,
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> http://40hz.org/Experiments/
>
> discovered that he is working on Bluetooth
> for the Newton. If that is functional then it may be possible to use a
> Jabra Bluetooth headset. Now it wouldn't provide stereo but it would
> allow you to listen to ebooks and music as well as providing voice
> input for recording messages for notes. So in theory you could carry
> your Newt in your cargo pocket, pack, bag, whatever and listen to tunes
> and or record your thoughts. Would someone else like to take this
> dream further?

certainly - with speech recognition and a globetrotter GPRS card, the
newt could potentially be used as a telephone. imagine using the jabra
or sonyericsson BT headset to dial-up numbers from the address book or
receive calls without touching the unit! of course, this would require
the BT card to be active when the newt hibernates (ie, that the BT card
can wake up the newt when it is in sleep mode.)

the back side of this is of course that the newtons both slots would be
filled, which would (at least for me) be a real problem. on the other
hand, i would rather use the newt this way, than carry along a separate
telephone and a separate address book. an other problem is the current
battery time of the BT headsets available on the market - only about
two days standby.

/ ®

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html