[NTLK] Connecting to the Internet

From: Peter Jaros (rjaros_at_shaysnet.com)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 13:40:54 PDT

My Newt can't seem to get online. I run NetHopper, it dials and
handshakes (which is a terrible racket!), then stalls connecting to the
DNS. When I try to connect to an IP address, it stalls engaging the
PPP driver. I used my fax machine's speakerphone to listen in, and it
sounds like the connection holds up for a bit, then drops (after
failing on the Newt). Anyone know what's wrong? My ISP is using
PortMaster 3's and I'm using a USRobotics Megahertz 33.6 XJ4336. BTW,
my modem faxes just fine. Also, I can't load packages right now, so I
can't check if it's NetHopper being weird (which it looks like).

Peter

---
There's no place I can be
	Since I found Serenity